The points below explain why our attendance at the council meeting is so important
Santa Clara County Library District (SCCLD ) had recommended a major renovation to the Campbell Library Commission. An immediate renovation is necessary for the reasons listed below. The decision whether the Campbell Library is included in a bond measure on the next ballot may be decided at the city council meeting.
SCCLD believes that our best option is to have a combined bond measure to fund the renovation of the Police Department and Campbell Library. We do not want to compete with the Police Department as both are critical and valuable services to the community.
WHY THE LIBRARY NEEDS AN IMMEDIATE RENOVATION:
- The building is not ADA compliant. We need to be fully wheelchair accessible.
- Our major infrastructure is at end of life requiring a major investment that diverts funds away from library services and programming
- We’re lacking dedicated spaces throughout the library to provide important services
- Wiring and circuit limitations throughout the building do not support technology requirements
- Book return is sub-optimal due to facility layout